Verified Reviewer

Contacted Uber through BBB and Pissed Consumer but couldn't upload photo of driver, but I was able to here.

While this incident has occurred a few times with drivers, this is the first time that I have actually reported the problem.

I work eight hours a day and this occurs when I get home from work around 6:30 p.m. I have been physically driving to work and working in-office throughout the pandemic.

I did not place an order with the company but am a third party who had an interaction with the driver.

On the date of the incident, April 20, 2021, I drove up to my assigned parking spot to find a woman outside her car standing close enough to my assigned spot that I could not enter my spot easily.

The woman was parked parallel to residents into their assigned spots blocking them in. There were three parking spots blocked in addition to her standing close to mine.

I honked at her and motioned for her to move out of the way, but she became agitated and would not move. It was hard for me to enter my parking spot when she refused to move.

I was given a dirty look. This dirty look along with her unprofessional work behavior is unacceptable and I will never order or use your services because of this poor behavior.

Blocking residents into their spots creates a hazard not only for the residents, but for anyone driving on the roadway in front of the assigned spots.

There are plenty of spots for visitor parking for the woman to park in and to drop off a resident's order.

However, this driver chooses to block drivers in their parking spots.

The woman is creating a potentially dangerous traffic situation for others and herself. There is no reason why this behavior should be occurring.

Where the woman is parked it is a BLIND SPOT for other drivers which means that anyone whipping around the roadway could crash into her, causing an accident.

This is a situation that should be addressed with the driver immediately.

User's recommendation: direct Uber drivers to park in visitor spots.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments