1.2

Driver alleged that my husband was drunk and that there was a $40 fee for cleaning his vehicle almost two hours after my husband had been dropped off at our house. I saw my husband as soon as he got home and although slightly intoxicated, he was nowhere near "drunk." He did not come home with any soiled clothing that would have been indicative of him having either vomiting or urinating on himself (and having known/dated/been married to him for the past 7+ years, I have NEVER seen him so intoxicated that he has done anything like that).

I attempted to contact Über on my husband's behalf because (of course) his phone started downloading a software update right after he saw that he was charged the cleaning fee. However, every phone number I have called for Über over the past (roughly) 30 minutes has hung up on me with no option/ability to speak to a human being to get a description (or better yet, a photo!) of whatever "mess" it was that my husband made in the vehicle to warrant the $40 fee.

Given all of the negative publicity that Über has been fraught with over the past couple/few years, you would think that they would be doing everything in their power to provide customer service that goes above and beyond to resolve situations like this, so I'm pissed off right about now.

User's recommendation: Avoid this company for the scams that their drivers are pulling without any recourse for their customers.

Preferred solution: Proof of the damage/mess that warranted the $40 cleaning fee; in the absence of proof, a refund of the cleaning fee and the $5 tip that my husband paid for his $15 fare. (We do not want a refund for the fare itself, as that service was rendered.).

Uber Pros: Drive service is easy, Mostly great service, Cars are always very clean.

Uber Cons: Charging extra, Hard to get in touch with someone verbally.

Comments