Verified Reviewer

I purchased a Uber gift card nearly a year ago and put it on my Uber acct 160.00 my iPhone was stolen and I couldn't access my Uber acct because I no longer had access to the phone number linked to it and I proved this to them and contacted them to just get the run around for months and they wouldn't transfer it to a new Uber acct. Out of the blue I receive and email from a customer service rep for Uber stating they can get me back into my acct and I was so excited and we changed the phone number on my old acct with the ph number I have now and I them stated where is my gift card that was on it he said just send me a pic of it and the receipt we will take care of it.

I did this and then a supervisor steps in and states I need to contact whoever I purchased it through for a refund which is CVS and you can not do this It states it on the card once its scratched off for the code no refunds and Uber knows this. I have proof of purchase and still have the card thankfully because they removed it from my acct and if I ahd not kept it I would have 0 proof that it ever existed.

160.00 !! I just wrote them stating this is their issue to resolve and honor and or I will take them to court and I will get triple damages nevermind the stress this has brought me and I donot believe they expected me to still have the actual card and my receipt as well as my bank statement.

Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania