When most people complain about a company they give the company one strike and that's it. That is absolutely not the case here.

About six days ago I had to take my car into the shop to be repaired and I decided that the better option would be to use Uber service for everywhere I had to go rather than getting a rental car. I purchased $75 in Uber gift cards (because of course they won't accept my American Express or any of my debit cards) and decided that I was going to take my first ride later that afternoon. Immediately it would not accept my gift card. It stated that I somehow had a past due balance of $1 from her previous ride.

This $1 balance prohibited me from getting to my certification course and I was 45 minutes late. In order to get there I had to have a friend request me a lyft, mind you this is after buying $75 worth of credits for Uber. So I get to my certification class and I get it done and over with. I'm certified and I go to request my Uber ride home cuz I know they fixed it while I was in my 7 hour class.

Nope. stranded again and unable to request a ride with credits on my account. I had to call a cab and pay a cab all the way home just to get home and for Uber to say that I needed to restart my account and that they needed to be the ones to personally apply the $1 credit. I try not to get too upset and because I had $75 worth of credit anyways I was going to stay with s

Uber and ride it out.

Same day! I get stranded at Petco, same issue, same fake We Care Uber response. Let's fast forward to the next day. I'm riding all day long in my Uber and using my credits.

not only did they change the fair on three different rides and take way more credit than necessary, but I was stranded at daycare with my children because the Uber driver went to the wrong place. According to him this happens all the time and he can be to me in 20 minutes or I can cancel the ride. 40 minutes later I get down the road with my children (about 6 minutes away) and have more errands to run. But again, my account is locked out I'm unable to use my credits and there's nothing Uber can do.

finally after being stranded for the fifth time the representative says we're so sorry for the inconvenience will offer you a $10 credit and marks the issue as resolved without even making sure that was something that was good for me. Trying to be in good spirits I rated it a semi happy face and just let go of the chat completely. Now fast-forward to today. I have to go to the store to pay my electricity bill.

The ride is $5, my remaining credit is $12. Unable to request a ride. I've been talking to customer service for more than 5 hours now and they are giving standard quotes about their privacy policy not issuing any help or resolution. And to top it off he says $10 of the credit that you're attempting to use is Uber credit not gift card you're unable to use Uber credit to request a ride.

I felt like every ounce of Jesus was going to come up out of my soul in that moment and I was going to lose my mind.

Instead, I will just warn you all. NEVER USE UBER!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Uber Account.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 28.

Comments