Verified Reviewer

Featured
1.9

When the pandemic first begin, many of us here in Baltimore,MD expected price surges since many of your drivers were older and afraid of contracting the virus. But those prices were not as ridiculous as they are now.

My wife would normally pay no more than $9.00 to $9.25 to get to work now Uber has been charging between $25 to $40. As for myself, I would normally be charged between $13 to $14 to get to and from work...maybe a couple of dollars more on the weekend since I catch Uber at 5:30am now you're charging $35 to $45 for the same trip AND THERE IS NO SURGE!! People chose Uber because cab drivers would take longer routes, charge at stop lights and made it difficult to even book a cab not to mention the simple fact that your company made it easier to get to our destinations at more affordable prices and now your company has secretly raised your prices and made even going to the pharmacy cost as much as your luxury rides!! Lyft is just as bad if not worse but more often than not,Lyft is cheaper than Uber.

My wife and I are BOTH going to write scathing reviews the Google Play Store regarding this matter, I'm sure you are already beginning to hear the growing hatred over how you and Lyft are treating your customers at this point and if you aren't...well it only takes one complaint to awaken the masses if they are feeling the same way. I understand that you are trying to run a company, but people are still out of work, money is beyond tight and you shouldn't be raising your prices during this time especially WITHOUT telling the public.

My wife and I just received the first of our COVID shots and have decided to go back to taking the bus or calling cabs since both of your services cheat the public. There is nothing you can say to explain your actions,instead what you need to do is apologize and return to charging fair prices and remember that the purpose of Uber is to serve its customers...not to take advantage of them.

User's recommendation: BOYCOTT UBER UNTIL THEY REMEMBER WHO KEEPS THEM IN BUSINESS.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Uber Pros: Convenience.

Uber Cons: Customer service is impossible to reach, Have become far to expensive to use.

Comments

#1995863

"Uber is to serve its customers." No, it isn't. Their thing is to get paid and allow their drivers a chance to make decent money. This isn't a charity...

#1995740

Yawnnnnnnnn. No one cares..

Supply and demand They aren’t in the “affordable” ride business. Be safe on the bus and stop whining.

Uber Reviews