Verified Reviewer

Last month, my boyfriend and I called an Uber ride to get home. When my Uber driver arrived, we got into the car and my driver repeatedly told us to put our masks on, when in fact our masks were on.

He refused to turn around to look at us in order to see our masks on our faces. After going back and forth with him, asking him to just turn around, he told us that he is canceling our ride and for us to get out of the car. After we got out of the car, he threatened to call the police on us.

Plot Twist: my boyfriend is a police officer, and when he flashed his badge at the driver, he drove away.

That night, I called Uber to report the incident, twice. However, nothing has been done with resolve this disturbing encounter.

My safety was compromised, and I was even charged the cancelation fee. Something has to be done about this.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Uber Pros: Easy to use.

Uber Cons: Bad customer service.

Comments

#2070423

I like how you are playing the race card and leaving out most of the story. Nice try.

Your boyfriend is abusing his power as a police officer and needs to be discharged.

Hopefully one day he arrests someone and they claim racism. How was your safety compromised?

#2070696
@PissedConsumer2070423

LOL. We are both black, nice try though.

#2070834
@Decker Utv

Yeah, we already knew that. That's a given almost.

The majority of the time (99%) when someone claims racism, it's because they are black and the person who upset them is not. The driver didn't need to turn around because he can see you in his rearview mirror. I think there is more to this story. And your boyfriend flashing his police badge is indeed abuse of power.

Nothing that was going on was a police matter. The driver should have gotten the badge number and filed a complaint with the police department.

#2073600