Set up an account with Uber on Sunday. Used the service on Monday - quick and efficient.

Unfortunately I was quoted a given price, immediately charged that price during transit and then reached my destination without much issue - the service I was expecting. The problem was noticed hours later when I received a receipt from Uber that greatly exceeded the original quote. Unbeknownst to me, a base fare, time, distance, and booking fee were added to the original quote. My wife set up the account for me, therefore I may have missed any fine print in regards to additional charges.

For this reason, Im not totally concerned. What you are missing in this response is the fact that the driver (nice elderly gentleman) completely missed his turn off (coincidentally on a clearly marked highway with his phone instructing him to make an exit) as I was was verbally informing him of his error in advance of passing the exit. I only said something because it was clear he was taking no action to fix the developing situation. Now unfortunately this error on his behalf created unwarranted delays in transit and greatly extended the trip distance.

A slight inconvenience of time for me, but I wasnt concerned. Once committed - departing the highway was not optional, and we were re-routed extending the trip. Again, the driver was incredibly sincere and professional, and I would very much enjoy his company with future rides. But my issue is when a driver clearly makes a mistake, why is the customer charged extra time and miles for his error???

Uber - Please reach out to me by phone as I would appreciate some clarification in your response. Besides, Im going to be busy setting up my Lyft account when Im done with this painfully long text.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Uber Pros: Convenient when there are no other options.

Comments