Verified Reviewer

I bought a Uber gift card from CVS for 160 00 and put it on my uber acct. My phone was stolen and I had to report it and lose the number attached to the Uber acct due to it so I lost access to my Uber acct and they refused to transfer the gift card to my new acct.

I have been disputing this with them since last May 2021. I had given up and finally I received an email from customer service representative w Uber stating he can get me access into my old acct and update my acct with my new phone number. When I got into my old acct the gift card wasn't on it. I mentioned it he said to send him proof of it and well I still have the actual card and my receipt for it and I sent it and he approved it.

I then asked how do I add it to the acct there is no option. I then received an email from a supervisor stating I need to contact whoever I purchased it through for a refund. It states on the gift card once scratched its non refundable.

Uber passing the buck and not honoring their gift card even though I proved my identity through screen shots of my ownership of my phone and my acct and my license and my gift card and the receipt and all the emails with all their reps since last year regarding this issue. My last message was if they can't honor it they will see me in court for triple damages!

User's recommendation: No use Lyft instead.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uber Gift Card.

Uber Cons: U suck.

Comments

Keep track of your phone. Boo hoo

Uber Reviews