Verified Reviewer

My situation is one I have never experienced with Uber. Last night (Oct 31 2021) I received several texts through the Uber app that someone was being picked up by an Uber driver in Atlanta that did not match my picture.

The following text I received asked that I verify my full name. I did and received a text through the Uber app that my full name had been confirmed. I received a second text asking me to verify my full email address in which I did and received confirmation in return. I then received an alert for a pick up at 4379-**** N.Marginal in downtown with Uber support as the pick up name in Cleveland Ohio.

I drove to the location only to receive a text through the Uber app asking me to confirm when I had arrived. When I arrived I confirmed through the Uber app that I had arrived. I then received a text through the Uber app that my new banking information had been confirmed. I had not changed my banking information so I tried to alert the help center as I had been asked if I did not make those changes.

I tried to alert the help center only to be locked out of the app. I tried then calling but there was a recorded message saying the help center was closed until 10 a.m. est. I called starting at 10 a.m.

on Nov 01 2021. The internal investigators explained they would freeze my earnings until they were done conducting their investigation. They text me back and said they did not find any evidence of my account being tampered with. I tried resetting my password as requested by the internal investigators to no avail.

I called back to relay this quite a few times only to be told I would be on hold for only a couple of minutes yet no one returned to the phone. The same thing happened hour after hour. Your internal investigative team told me that there was no proof that anything was wrong with my account and after freezing my earnings released them. They have sent me codes and as I have tried to explain to foreign operators who obviously don't understand that the codes are not working.

I reset my phone, I completely deleted the Uber app and reinstalled it and I still can't get in my app. I haven't received my earnings to my bank account for the week ending Nov 01 and as many times as I have reset my password I still can't get into the app. I ve been a driver for 6 years and have never lived in Atlanta which is where the verification through the app said the person was trying to be picked up. It is now 7:00 p.m.

est which is the 24 hour mark and I still can't get in the app and the verification codes that have been sent to me directly from Uber through my email not the Uber app still did not work. I don't know how else to explain that I can't get in no matter what happens and this all started through the Uber app. I give the service a complete fail. All of the earnings I have lost not being able to drive is due to the fact no one can fully understand my situation.

This is my full time career and rely on being able to drive. I please ask that someone from San Francisco not Milan contact me so that we can resolve this.

I'm a diamond driver for you and take pride in that, why can't I get the same dedication. Thank you

Preferred solution: My due compensation for rides given and app restored so that I can drive.

Uber Pros: Had no issue til now.

Uber Cons: Awful customer support.

Comments