Verified Reviewer

I live in Germany. When I was on vacation in Chile, I purchased Uber credits.

However, when I returned home, I figured out that I was not able to use those Chilean credits (appx 25 Euros). I asked for a refund. The customer service agreed, and they said they issued my refund. After 2 weeks, there was still no refund.

I contacted them, they said I should wait at least 30 days. I did. In the meantime, I became sceptical as the credits were remaining in the application. If they really issued the refund, they were not supposed to be there.

I contacted again. They asked me to wait again. I did. After 30 days, there was still no refund.

I contacted customer service again. They said they issued my refund. When I checked my account I saw that they added approximately 3.5 Euros in my account. I contacted them again to say: 1) I do not want credits, 2) This was not at all the refund amount.

I do not know where this amount come out from!! They responded saying that due to some technical problems, I have to use Uber within the Eurozone first, then they would refund the amount. This means that I have to spend more money on Uber in order to receive back what is already mine. I responded saying that I will not do that.

This technical problem is their problem and not my concern at all. Also, after this terrible customer service communication that I have been a part of, I will no longer use Uber. They responded: "as we wrote you earlier...."In short, same response with the earlier.

This has already been annoying and I still do not understand why such a big company is hiding behind an excuse in order not to refund such a little amount for them. In short, I want my money back and now!

Product or Service Mentioned: Uber Customer Care.

Uber Cons: Lack of customer service.

Comments