Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

1.7

On July 24 we contacted Uber for a ride from Island Gardens Marina, 888 MacArthur Causeway, Miami, to Miami International Airport.

Shortly after the driver picked us up in a Chevrolet Tahoe, he suddenly stopped on a ramp, and pushed a button on the dash. We heard the rear luggage compartment on the Tahoe re-open, and then re-latch.

I assumed that he saw a light that let him know the tailgate was not fully latched. The driver never exited the vehicle to check the luggage or the tailgate.

When we arrived at our destination one of our 4 bags, my carryon was no longer in the Tahoe.

The Uner driver argued that i had never placed my bag in his vehicle.

He charged me 3x the agreed fair, to return to our departure point to look for the lost bag, and then back to the airport.

I have heard nothing from Uber about our complaint. My carryon for scuba dive trips contained camera gear, electronics and lights, so my losses exceeded $3,000.

User's recommendation: I can no longer recommend this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uber Vehicle Driver.

Location: Jefferson, New York

Comments

#1905250

That is a disgrace!! Shame on Uber for taking responsibility.

Uber Reviews