Verified Reviewer

3.3

On 10/19/21, I paid for a ride home from work at approximately 3:00 p.m. My driver was named Terrance, and he drove a white Acadia SUV.

After arriving home, I discovered I had mistakenly left my cellphone, which I use for work. I logged onto my Uber account, and found information on how to contact the driver. I called Terrance and informed him I had left my phone, and would he return it. He stated he would after he dispatched with a rider.

I informed him I would pay a big tip, in addition to the $15 required, for him to do this for me. He assured me he would. I have yet to receive any contact from him, nor the return of the phone. I have followed the phone's location, and see that it has traveled quite a bit since yesterday.

I know the Uber website states that the company can't force driver's to return items left in their vehicles. but the fact that I trusted a company driver to return something in good faith is upsetting. I have to now go through the process of replacing this phone because a driver decided to keep, discard, or sell my current one. I would like the company to at least reach out to me.

My original Uber account seems to be locked, and I was forced to start a new one that doesn't show any of my past Uber trips/eats. I cannot get back into the original account to retrieve my trip i.d. number.

If you can, can someone help me? Thanks.

User's recommendation: Double check to make sure you're not leaving anything behind. No guarantee you will be able to get it back.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Uber Pros: Ease of use.

Uber Cons: Drivers will keep left property.

Location: Fayetteville, Georgia