Verified Reviewer

The 'competitive' quoted fares encouraged me to book Uber on several occasions for early morning trips to catch flights from Perth to mine sites, but on several occasions the actual was much higher (x2.5 or worse), significantly higher than the competition. Making a decision to cancel the trip at the last minute is not feasible as there is a risk of missing the flight.

And it would put me under unreasonable stress, having made the effort to pre-book, so that I don't have to stress about a taxi turning up. I think you company's behaviour is completely unconscionable and I will report it to the ACCC.

Furthermore, I will advise all my colleagues and associates to avoid using your services in future. Please don't draw my attention to small print in your T&Cs - the consumer protection in Australia requires that you shouldn't hide behind that.

User's recommendation: Don't use Uber for early morning pre-booked trips as they can change the fare at short notice.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments