Verified Reviewer

Was coming from SPCA with dog who was sick 10/1; I had waited at SPCA for 5 hours before they saw her. I let driver(s) know I had a nice medium dog.

I had two drivers cancel as soon as they saw me and the dog. The next driver said he was scared of dogs and at first I was worried he would also drive off because he got out of the car and then back in and then back out; it was about 80 degrees in hot sun in SF. I was loading 25 lb dog food into the trunk, and then I put dog in car. I'm 5' and 130 lbs.

The driver didn't say anything about my lack of mask; just told me to keep the dog away from him; the mask was under my chin and I didn't realize it. I was really stressed; I forgot; I ALWAYS wear a mask. I just wanted you to know it wasn't intentional and I would have appreciated the driver saying something. I gave him a big tip because I was desperate and glad he picked me up.

We had a great conversation - but now I'm disappointed that I received an email threatening me that they won't honor my rides if I keep doing this. Sometimes it's just human error and not recklessness.

Driver should have said something. Almost tempted to lower his tip, but I understand he is also human, and he did carry my heavy bag to the steps.

User's recommendation: Don't use uber if you have a medium size dog?

Preferred solution: Just say you understand and that you will remind drivers that if a passenger doesn't have his mask up, to give them a friendly reminder. Part of driver's customer service, would be to remind me that my mask was down..

Uber Pros: I got to my destination.

Uber Cons: Cancelled 2x bec of dog - location spca.

Comments

#2071219

"under my chin " So the mask was not worn properly. No One cares why.

As to the tip, you should have tipped if you have a driver hauling your stuff around.

This IS NOT what they should be doing. If the driver was injured, the would be as() out.

#2071306
@PissedConsumer2071219

I tipped him 50%. I didn't ask him to haul my stuff.

I stated that I carried all my stuff to the car and that my mask was under my chin. I'm just saying the driver could have said something. TG you weren't my uber driver.

The solution was 'common courtesy' esp during a stressful situation. When I use uber to go grocery shopping, MOST times the driver will get out and help me with my bags from the trunk.

Uber Reviews