Verified Reviewer

On Friday, July 16th 2021, I requested an Uber to pick up someone for me to bring to my location. The driver contacted me telling me I need to cancel the ride request because of a gliche via his Uber Driver App &;;;;;;;;;; resend the request.

I did so only to be charged a cancellation fee & having to request another Uber. For some reason, an Uber appeared at my location & not the location of my friend. I know I entered the location of my friend as pick up point. Again, I was charged a cancellation fee for this ride which some how turned into a full charge for ride that was never taken/given.

Then, to my dismay, the 1st initial ride converted into a full charge as well for a ride that was never taken/given.

The total for both of those rides was in the amount of $84.38. This is when I called my bank to report fraud. As I was talking with bank, the Uber App was automatically making Uber request without my authorization & would not allow me to cancel the rides nor remove my debit card as the payment method.

This was very upsetting as I use Uber often & have never had this happen to me before.

I've made many attempts trying to contact Uber only for the call to be disconnected or hung up on. Today is the 21st of July & I still have not been contacted by Uber in regards to this matter..

I urge anybody who has experienced a similar scenario to make it publicly known. Uber has been involved in sketchy activities lately & have even been sued a few times because of it.

It's sad how corporate companies indulge in such fraudulent activity making it harded for consumers to trust the merchant they're purchasing services from.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Uber Cons: Took payments, No ride was given or taken, Uber app was fraudulently charging my method of payment, Difficult trying to get in contact with customer service, Last con is that i felt i was intentionally coned.

Comments