Verified Reviewer

Hi, my name is Brittany and I called for an Uber on 12/28/21 at 0456. That day I discovered my wallet was missing.

I went everywhere I thought it could be and was told no one turned anything in. I believe your driver saw it in the backseat and kept it. The ONLY place left to look was with the driver.

I have been reaching out to the driver via the app since Dec 28 when the ride occurred. On December 29, Uber attempted to contact him also.

His voicemail hasnt been set up yet so I couldnt leave a message. Uber also provided my contact info directly to him requesting him to contact me. I do understand people get busy, are driving, sleeping, etc however 17 days is unacceptable and infuriating. I am extremely disappointed in the way this has been handled.

It is completely inexcusable to not be able to make contact with a driver through Uber for a week either by a customer or Uber themselves. I just moved to Michigan from Alabama. I cant even get a job right now because I dont have my drivers license, social security card, my ID card from the VA, my military ID, credit cards, my other government issued ID through a certain branch of government which I wont share, etc. My bank is in AL and there are no branches in MI so I have no access to money whatsoever.

I have had to attempt to replace them all, which is a major inconvenience when it could be simply solved by holding your employee to a higher standard of communication. I have had great experiences with Uber and am very disappointed the way this has been handled. I will NEVER use Uber again, and I will make everyone I know aware of the situation and advise them of my experience and never to use Uber again. Additionally, I went to the police department where this incident occurred and filed a stolen wallet report on my driver (Robert, license plate #EMS3959) and they are now conducting further investigation.

Uber was also included in that report for theft. I anticipate local law enforcement will provide answers for me since Uber has taken an unacceptable and lackadaisical approach.

There is no excuse to not be able to reach one of your employees for over a week. I will be looking forward to a proper response to a satisfactory resolution.

User's recommendation: Do NOT use Uber!

Product or Service Mentioned: Uber Customer Care.

Preferred solution: An honest response through the driver and Uber, and my wallet returned .

Uber Pros: Naa.

Uber Cons: Driver stole my wallet.

Location: Van Buren, MI