501 views

This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter
Verified Reviewer

Featured

Update by user Nov 11, 2020

Uber customer service sent me an email stating that the email I received regarding my non-compliance with their mask policy was automatically generated.They apologized for the inconvenience and stated that they will be implementing a policy were passengers can upload a photo of themselves wearing a mask.I was not charged a cancelation fee.

Original review posted by user Nov 07, 2020

This driver NEVER even showed up.

I had a mask on as the driver who took my ride can attest to.

Please ensure that I am NOT charged for a canceled ride that was a blatant LIE.

This driver, whomever he is NEVER even saw me. He canceled the trip while I was waiting but he never SHOWED up.

I would never go against the mask policy as it is the rule and I always follow rules.

Please update your records accordingly and let me know that this email was received.

THanks

I received feedback about not wearing a face mask

If we receive feedback that a user was not properly wearing a face cover as our policy requires, we want to pass that along.

This also gives us an opportunity to ensure that you are aware of our mask policy.

The CDC recommends wearing face cover in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Because of these recommendations, we are requiring masks or face covers for everyone riding, driving, or delivering on Uber's platform. If you can't find a face cover that is comfortable, you will unfortunately not be able to use Uber's platform while this policy is in effect.

Riders and drivers who repeatedly violate mask policies may risk losing access to Uber.

For more details on this policy, please tap here.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Uber"

Subject: Your recent trip cancellation

Date: November 7, 2020 at 11:38:07 AM EST

To:

Uber

Your driver said you were not wearing a face cover or mask

Hi ,

Were reaching out because a driver who recently canceled one of your trips let us know that you were not wearing a face cover or mask. As is always the case, riders and drivers can cancel a trip for any reason, and this includes the ability to cancel if the other person isnt following Ubers mandatory face cover policy.

To avoid this happening again, you must follow Ubers policy and wear a face cover or a mask the next time you take a trip.

Youll need to verify that you are wearing a mask when you request your next trip by taking a photo of yourself with your mask on. Please see guidance here on how to properly wear a face cover or mask.

Wearing a face cover or mask helps protect those around you.

Please note that if we continue to receive reports that youre not wearing a face cover when riding with Uber, youll risk losing access.

If your trip was canceled when you were in fact wearing a face cover or mask, we are sorry for that inconvenience. Please contact us through Help and let us know.

Thank you for understanding, and we hope you stay well.

Help Center

Terms

Email Preferences

Privacy

Community

Uber Technologies

1455 Market St., San Francisco, CA 94103

Uber.com

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Explore video interviews

Comments

#2028275

Run like *** They just keep using my credit card. I had to cancel it to get it to stop. They stole $56.00

#1988524

In Mexico City this morning my ride was cancelled after the drive pulled over to the hotel I stayed. He then sped away and I had to be reconnected to a new driver.

Then i got an email stating the cancellation was due to I was not wearing a mask. The Uber driver lied !! I was wearng a mask.

How shameful he lied the first thing in the morning just to get away from such irresponsible behavior. Shame on you Uber for beliecing his lie.

#1986968

Uber driver was rude and said cover your nose! Buckle the seatbelt that way!

You need to cover your nose! You can't drink at all it is against Covid rules and I said shut up it is a free country and got out. And told uber and got I wasn't wearing a face mask!

I am so tired of uber and the rude drivers to! Uber sucks

#1987926
@Rose D

"I am so tired of uber" Walk....Problem solved...You're welcome... Do not have children...

#2025381
@Rose D

Kid ask your parents what is going on. It is a requirement to wear a mask. Telling you to do so is not the same as rude.

#1982315