Verified Reviewer

I would like to dispute an Uber charge, dated 7/23/21, in the amount of $24.58. When I went to the Uber app to request a ride, I selected the UberX, which has the following requirements:

DRIVING & DELIVERING

Vehicle requirements

Vehicle requirements may vary from city to city.

In general, see below the vehicle requirements for uberX and UberBlack:

UberX

UberX is a travel option accessible to passengers.

The uberX partner drivers use their own vehicles, which must meet the following requirements:

- Model year 2008 or newer

- 4 doors

- Air conditioning

- 5 places

The above was taken directly off your website. When the driver came to my home to pick me up, she had all her windows down and NO A/C. I asked her and she said it broke. I also asked her why she never disclosed it on the app BEFORE giving the rider the chance to know, accept and/or cancel about the ride?

She said she didnt know how to put it in the app. This is completely unacceptable!! I paid $24.58 for a comfortable and enjoyable ride to my destination, that had NO A/C in 90 degree weather on my way out to dinner, which was neither comfortable OR enjoyable!!! I was MISERABLE.

The driver apologized, but that didnt make the situation any better.

Ive reached out to Uber support, and they stated they will not be refunding my ride, but gave me a lousy $5 Uber credit on the app for my next ride! Im furious!! You didnt keep your promise regarding customer service/satisfaction policy. I reached my destination all sweaty from head to toe, hair a mess from windows being open, and just purely disgusted with the condition of having no air conditioning.

I expect a FULL refund, not just a lousy $5 Uber credit for the next ride!

In addition, Uber has very tight expectations from the riders. Why is THAT ok, but its not ok for the riders to have OUR expectations??? Especially, when WE are PAYING??

And, something that is a simple necessity when traveling, especially under certain weather conditions? I really hope you can make this right.

Comments