Verified Reviewer

1.3

I'm a 100% disabled U.S. Coast Guard veteran.

I was blessed with a service dog named Lenny. I ordered an Uber for myself and my service dog. When Arturo, my Uber driver pulled up to pick us up, as soon as he saw my golden retriever service dog, he tried to pull up forward beyond me so that a tree was blocking me and Lenny from getting in. I walked passed the tree and tries to enter the Uber I had ordered to take me home in West Hollywood.

The second I entered the Uber all I heard was Arturo cursing, saying my service dog couldn't be let in. Knowing my rights under the American With Disabilities Act I made my service dog enter the Uber. Arturo would not stand it. Cursing, saying he's going to have to clean up after we departed, he kicked me and my service dog out of his vehicle.

I blatantly told him it was illegal for him to do so but he didn't care. He threw me and my service dog out... Even though I told him, pleaded with him that I would clean up after ourselves.

I have never been so demoralized, humiliated in my life.

And Arturo and Uber had the audacity to charge my card a $5.00 cancellation fee. I feel totally angered and sad.

User's recommendation: Do not ride Uber if you're disabled.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments