Verified Reviewer

I am a Diamond Driver, been with Uber 6 years, and have a 5.0 rating. I have had the most frustrating experience with "Priority Support" for the last several days.

Apparently my Background reports expired on 7/27, however I was never notified that it had expired or was going to expire. I get warnings starting a month in advance of Drivers License, Registration, Insurance expiring, but never the background check. I tried to go online Friday and start working. Lately Uber has been my only sources of income.

I work on weekends, provide about 70 rides and earn ~$1500. However I could not go on this last weekend, and lost that amount of revenue. I have tried to submit my Background report authorization about 50x since then, on the app and on my laptop though bonjour.uber.com, etc. I keep getting a message after submitting that says.

"Thank you for your information. We'll start your background check after receiving your documents." All of my documents are current, submitted and approved. I even tried resubmitting all my document, but I still get the same message. The background check submittal still has not been sent to Checkr.

I have called at least 30 times to "Priority Support" always getting a foreign support agent that speaks in broken English. All they do is repeat a script, and they are not able to fit the problem. I am told that it has been "escalated" and that a supervisor would call me, but nothing has happened for 4 days. I am told that I can not be transferred to anyone who can actually fix the problem, why?

I can never get a hold of someone in the US who speaks English and could possibly solve this issue.

I need to drive to earn a living, pay my rent and feed my family, why can't this be fixed? Why does Uber treat their best drivers like this?

Preferred solution: fix the problem so I can drive.

Comments