Verified Reviewer

Resolved
2.0

Update by user Jun 22, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with partial refund. The gave me $8 towards a future trip. Not sure I will use them again as this "drop driver routine" and then charging me a surge price on the next driver is devious and unethical..

Original review posted by user May 23, 2021

The price I paid to get to my destination at 6 pm was $14.97. The price I was given for my return trip 5 hours later was $12.

I approved the ride. Then 5 minutes later, my driver "dropped me" and another assigned. I had NO CHOICE in the matter. The driver tells me he was assigned to pick me up.

I did have to wait an extra few minutes for him to arrive compared to the first driver, but the wait was reasonable. When I reached my destination, the cost was $32.36. The driver was great by helpless regarding the charges.

A similar situation occurred 12/7/18 when I approved the ride for $35, I was dropped by a drive, waited an extra 15 minutes and then was charged $89.62 upon arrival at destination.

Neither driver had to wait for me, nor take a longer path.

On the app it is very frustrating and devious to go to the help menu as you direct and not find this reason as a listed item of the six given. There is NO choice to claim you were quoted one price and then overcharged by a second driver.

This electronic method your company uses to drop a driver and assign another and then overcharge riders is unfair and devious.

I was not given a choice to choose the second driver at a higher price.

I recognize that the 2018 trip is not refundable given that 3 years have passed, but I do not believe it appropriate to charge me the $32 on the trip an hour ago! Please readjust my costs.

Michael Galligan-Stierle

User's recommendation: cancel trip when second driver arrives or shift to Lyft.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uber Vehicle Driver.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Uber Pros: Most drivers have good cars and get ou where you need to go.

Uber Cons: When a driver drops you and you are reassigned a new driver, Cost significantly increases.

Comments