Verified Reviewer

Update by user Apr 21, 2022

As of my last contact with them, I was told that I can't use the service until I pay them for the ride. There was no further discussion about the reason I reversed charges, nor did they apologize for the problem. They just treated me like I had scammed them out of $15

Original review posted by user Apr 21, 2022

When I first tried to use uber (during the time when your first ride was "free"), the uber app malfunctioned, and instead of being able to cancel a ride I accidentally requested, I had to restart the app. By that point, I was not properly notified that if I canceled the ride, I would end up losing my free ride.

When I tried to contact them regarding the issue, i never actually got any reply back.

Since I used PayPal to pay them, I resolved my issue by reversing the charges.

Ever since then, I have no longer been able to do any business with them.

Customer service simply said that unless I paid for my free ride, I was blacklisted from ever using any of their services again.

If they had properly spoken to me when I requested help, then I wouldn't have resorted to having PayPal reverse my charges. Now, I just use lyft because they are actually fair and will respond to any problems in a timely manner.

User's recommendation: Do not use uber. If you have any issues, they will blame you for it, even when it's clearly not your fault.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Uber Cons: No customer contact, No respect.

Location: Monterey, California

Comments

Why are you claiming a loss of $15?

Uber Reviews