Verified Reviewer

Hello, I am writing to you because I have experienced an unfair adjustment in the Uber fare. On January 16, 2022 I booked an UberX drive (normal car) from Carolina, 00979, Puerto Rico to Marina Dr, Ceiba, 00735 Puerto Rico; the estimated charge for the fare held on my credit card was USD 59.98.

An hour after my arrive at Ceiba, I have received another charge on my credit card of USD 89.74 for a total adjusted fare of USD 149.72. The reason displayed on my Uber App is the fallowing "Adjusted fare for both parties because of SUV/XL upcharge".

I am very pissed off by what happened because (i) I did not ask for a SUV (I did not need such a big car); (ii) the driver did not bother to tell me about the potential upcharge beforehand; and (iii) I would have considered a different vehicle if I had known the final amount of the fare.

In the end, I would like to receive my money back.

User's recommendation: Be careful when use Uber in Puerto Rico.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Location: Carolina, Puerto Rico